2018 Services offered:
* Classic horse in full training: For serious dressage students with their own horse. Full care board, coaching/instruction, in-hand or mounted training sessions, and show coaching on individualized program usually 4-6 sessions per week and 30-60 minute sessions. Horse owner is primary rider.
* Campaign horse in full training: For horses with high performance potential; Jeanne is primary rider for campaign horses. Full care, training and showing in individualized program based on needs of horse and goals of owner.
* Guest horse: Coaching/ instruction on a per-day basis.
* Clinics: travel time is limited so please plan ahead
* Working student position is available at times. Duties include grooming, turnout, exercise, and stable care in exchange for learning the management and training practices of a high performance dressage stable.
We invite You!
Please call and inquire. We can work together to figure out what is best for you. You will enjoy joining me on the equestrian learning journey.
Several horses go with Jeanne every year to Wellington for part of the winter season to enhance education and performance in dressage. The experience of being a rider in training during those couple months brings new ideas and deeper understanding every year.
When not in Wellington, Jeanne gets regular instruction to keep "out of the comfort zone." Clinics, symposiums or USDF programs are attended throughout the year. Continuing education is a top priority.
Raised on a farm that boarded horses and harvested hay in Indiana. dressage education was peppered into everything that we did with the horses, even though it was not a focus yet. I was surrounded by many breeds and personalities and explored different styles of riding. After graduating from Purdue University, I enjoyed the advantage of mobility. I worked at professional barns in several locations throughout the U.S. and learned from many wise and generous people. I decidedly focused on dressage while gaining more skills in ground training and management of the equine athlete.
Even though I still cross train all the horses in my charge, I focus my performance career exclusively in dressage and enjoy serious continuing education and reaching for lofty goals in competition.
I started both of my current, successful show horses as babies and trained them through the levels. Both have already had their successful Prix St. Georges debut and are ready for continuing FEI training. Feel free to look up the scores for the careers of "The Grey Girls" ( Sanibelle and Wonderful Pearle. )
"Discipline is the bridge between dreams and accomplishment." ~ Steffen Peters
"If you are not criticized, you may not be doing much." ~ Donald Rumsfeld
"Ones philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it." - Henry David Thoreau
About horses: "The worst of them sense our fears and take advantage of us. The best of them sense our dreams and take us there." ~ Jim Wofford